9 Ways to prepare for a Juicing fast
Have you ever had trouble losing weight? Have you tried every fad diet out there? Would you like to start over and totally change your lifestyle? Well, it is time for you to re-boot your body and we are going to help you explore the different ways to prepare yourself for a juicing fast.
Consult your doctor: “It is always a good decision to consult your doctor before going on any kind of fast. Juicing is best for individuals who are pretty healthy and can withstand such a shocking change to the body, said Jennifer Weddig, who is a Registered Dietician for the state of Colorado.” If you have any underlying health issues make sure that you consult your doctor first, said Wedding.
This does not mean that you are not able to make this change in your life, and there is significant weight loss associated with juicing fruits and vegetables. It just means that you will have your doctor monitor you along the way to make sure you are doing O.K.
- Plan for it financially: “It costs me about $8 a day to juice successfully, said Ryan Heinis.” He juiced for a ten-day period. It was well worth the $8 a day to me because in all actuality I spent more on fast-food every-day than I ever did on juicing. It’s nothing like I ever drank before. Five minutes after I’ve had my first juice I just feel ready to take on my day, said Ryan. If two people are going to juice together then you should plan on $17 a day. Additionally, you will have the price of a juicer.
- Pick out your juicer: The best link to help you research juicers is: www.consumersearch.com/juicers. My advice to you is this: Buy a cheap juicer until you know that you are completely committed to the process. They sell juicers at Target and Wal-Mart that will run you around $100. Do not buy a $500 juicer until you know that you will be juicing at least once a day for the rest of your life. “I started out with the $68 dollar juicer on sale from Wal-Mart, said Laura Snyder.” My cheap juicer lasted me about 6 months before it broke. I did a 6 day juice fast just to clear myself out and now I juice every morning. It just gives me so much more energy than my coffee ever did in the mornings. It energizes me almost immediately and then it doesn’t wear off for like three hours, said Laura.”
- Give yourself three days off: The first three days will be considered your “detox” period. Most individuals may experience severe headaches, weakness, diarrhea, extreme hunger pains, and withdrawal. It is advised to take the first three days off from your life. It is wise to plan to stay close to your bed during this time. “There is a very good chance that your body will experience ketosis during the first 72 hours. This means that you will experience fatigue and your body will be very weak, said Jennifer Weddig.”
- Pick out your favorite fruits and vegetables: This step is rather simple compared to the last four steps. Take a few moments to pick out and write down what your shopping list would look like if you were only purchasing fruits and vegetables. Make a shopping list before you go into the store and buy enough produce to last you the first three days. You do not want to be going into the grocery store in that first 72 hours. Throughout your juicing fast you will always want to make a shopping list…get in…and get out. The following website can help you get started: www.livestrong.com/article/289970-most-nutritious-fruits-vegetables/
- No alcohol or restaurants: You can commit to whatever time period that you feel is appropriate for your juicing fast. This is about your own journey to where you want to be and who you want to become. During this time, stay away from bars and restaurants. Advice: just do not put yourself through it because you may be setting yourself up for failure. It is not recommended to drink alcohol on a juice fast.
- Let your friends and family members know: It is recommended that you let your friends and family members know in advance that you will not be available to hang out, eat out, or drink for the next thirty days. It is wise to make a plan for some fun things that you enjoy doing at home. If friends want to visit they can come visit you at home where you are in a controlled juicing-fast environment. Everybody is different so if you feel strong enough to be out and about then go out. Check out: www.eisenhowerya.wordpress.com/72-and-counting-things-to-do-when-your.
- Prepare yourself emotionally: Letting go of food, caffeine, sugar, and alcohol is a very extreme commitment. Our world is filled with food and everywhere you look there is going to be food. It is good if you can prepare yourself as much as possible for this change in your life. The longer you stay on the juicing fast, the easier that it will become. Around day 16…your body forgets about eating. This is a pretty fabulous thing to experience especially in the world we live in today.
Explore inside of yourself and prepare yourself for a very challenging but rewarding experience. “If you are not ready to commit to juicing full-time then be honest with yourself. You can always replace one meal a day with juicing and still benefit from all of the vitamins and minerals that your body gets just from a 6 ounce juice, said Weddig.”
- Coming off of the juicing fast: Just like you planned so vigorously to start your new juicing fast, it is just as critical to plan coming off of it. You need to be prepared to transition yourself back into the world of the eating. You have sacrificed, suffered, and now you are ready to eat. Remember that your body is now used to a very low calorie, small portion, and vitamin and mineral enriched diet. It will be up to you whether or not you maintain a very healthy diet. “It is best to learn how to cook vegetables and incorporate a lot off fruits and vegetables into your eating plan for life, said Weddig.” Additionally, you should slowly incorporate lean meats, grains, and dairy back into your diet. In this time it is a good idea to keep a strict food journal about what you eat each day and how it makes you feel after you eat it. By doing so, it will be easy to pick out what foods may be bothering your stomach, or that you may have an allergy to. Your body will be a very clean machine when it is done with the juicing fast so this is a key time to see what it likes and what it doesn’t. A good source for helping you make this transition: